Presidential source: President Saleh not to quit

SANA'A, March 26 (Saba) - A presidential source denied on Saturday what have been reported by some media outlets that President Ali Abdullah Saleh will step down. The source said that President Saleh had always asserted that the transfer of power must be via dialogue in the light of his initiative presented at the meeting with the Shura Council and Parliament and the eight conditions announced before sheikhs, scholars as well as his initiative delivered at the General National Conference, in addition to the five conditions presented by the opposition Joint Meeting Parties. In this regard, caretaker Foreign Minister Abu Bakr al-Qirbi denied on Saturday media reports attributed to him on reaching a deal on a transfer of power today [Saturday]. "My statement to Reuters was reported partly and inaccurately, al-Qirbi told Saba. I have said, in an interview with Reuters, that "I pin hopes to reach an agreement on a transfer of power today before tomorrow based on the five points the Joint Meeting Parties (JMPs) have previously offered which President Ali Abdullah Saleh approved," the caretaker Foreign Minister said. HAAM Saba